Special Agent: Military/Law Enforcement
Compensation: $92,275.00 - $146,790.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
As an FBI Special Agent with a military or law enforcement background, you will have a career like no other. In fulfilling the FBI mission to protect the American people, you bring a highly valued set of tactical skills and expertise, as well as leadership, integrity, teamwork and dedication forged by your armed forces or law enforcement career.
Special Agents enforce more than 300 federal statutes and conduct criminal and national security investigations. Whether you're focused on disrupting a terrorist network, gathering intelligence on a foreign enemy or dismantling a criminal enterprise, the work of a Special Agent is extraordinarily rewarding. While the FBI seeks applicants from all backgrounds, we are currently looking for these skills: Detectives, Military (specifically Special Forces, explosives, WMD and Intelligence Experts) and Pilots (helicopter and fixed-wing).
As a Special Agent, you may also have an opportunity to join specific, mission-centric tactical teams of intensely trained, specially equipped Agents who volunteer to respond to complex, critical and urgent challenges. These teams include the Hostage Rescue Team (HRT), the Special Agent Bomb Tech (SABT) Program and the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team. The FBI's Tactical Recruitment Program (TRP) recruits individuals with tactical experience from the ranks of law enforcement and the military to fast-track them for eligibility.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Strict standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty and integrity.
* Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to think on your feet and be a team player.
* A high-level of physical fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.
* Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
* Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
* The drive to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a critical mission and our people are sought after as some of the best in their fields.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving experience.
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three years.
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...