Length of Assignment: One Month Contract Plus Possible Extensions
A Mechanical PE with Industrial Hygiene experience, for evaluating ventilation and air quality control in an indoor working environment, subject to potential fugitive chemical emissions.
* Chemical, Industrial, and HVAC experience required.
* Must have Mechanical Engineering Degree and be a Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in Pennsylvania.
* 10 + years experience.
* P.E. Licensed to Stamp drawings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Applies engineering principles in discipline of competency.
* Prepares basic to advanced specifications detailing performance requirements, specific components, design requirements, applicable design codes, and vendor drawing requirements.
* Demonstrates a continuing consciousness of safety in daily activities, and implemented in work designed.
* Performs a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard design engineering techniques for a small project or selected segments of a larger project.
* Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
* Prepares technical specifications for review and approval.
* Assists in the development of design guides, guide specifications and design control procedures.
* Visits vendor facilities to inspect equipment for compliance with requirements.
* Visits job-sites to evaluate site, project requirements, and conditions.
* Interfaces with other disciplines and clients.
* Prepares inquiry and purchase requisitions.
* Prepares bid tabulations on simple purchases.
* Reviews vendor drawings.
* Develops a focus on least cost, safe design.
* May utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, etc.
* May interface with construction crews during construction phase to provide and receive input relative to accuracy of drawings, coordination of shutdowns and to expedite the timely and efficient completion of the project.
* Supervises design personnel.
* Actively involved in maintaining the schedule and budget of assigned projects.
* Keeps supervisor informed of progress.
* Meets company quality assurance requirements for personal work assignments.
* Supports field assignments as required.
* Must be able to perform all the functions of the lower classifications.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer